Since 25 Years, Memphis has meant ‘Competence in Memory.’ As a privately owned firm, we are being focused on a business approach that sets aside the demands of short-term quarterly results in favor of a business ideology that values long-term sustainability and growth.
We support our customers by our global network with more than 80 staffs operating at 12 locations around the world.
- Memphis introduce 256Mb und 512Mb x8/X16/X32 SDRAM-Chips with integrated error correction (ECC) from Intelligent Memory for harsch application environments up to 125°C.
- Our unique business model "Competence in Memory" gets more and more recognised in the market. Since begin of the year the semiconductor market is under quite severe component allocation. Many competitors face supply issues to deliver components needed by their customers. Based on our flexible business structure with more than 20 manufacturers and a highly efficient material management we prevent our customers from most of the negative impacts caused by the material shortage. Based on this advantige our customer base (automotive, industrial, medical and avionic) ejoys continuous growth.
- In Juni Memphis was audited successfully in accordance with the latest standards ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 by TÜV Süd. ( Certifikates are accessable at section "Quality")"
- At the beginning of the year Memphis signed a distribution agreement with SAMSUNG the worlds largest DRAM Manufacturer thus adding another strong partner to our comprehensive memory product portfolio
- Memphis offers DRAM components from I`M Intelligent Memory with integrated error correction (ECC) for harsh application environments up to 125°C.
- Memphis introduce first 16GB DDR3 SO-DIMM and U-DIMM Memory Moduls with and without onboard ECC to the market.
- Adds manufacturer I`M Intelligent Memory to the DRAM Line Card offering further stable supply of high density DDR3, DDR2 and SDRAM components.
- Memphis got awarded “Best Supplier Active Components” by Hirschmann Car Communication.
- Memphis opens further sales offices in Chicago and Guadelajara.
- Memphis adds NETSOL to its Line card offering synchronous and asynchronous SRAM´s based on original Samsung design, IP and patents.
- Memphis openes a new sales office in the US near New York.
- The DRAM product portfolio has been further expanded by own projected Memphis branded components (512 Mbit SDRAMs).
- Enforced activities in the US e.g. Real Time Embedded Computing Conference participation.
- Memphis introduce the 4 GbitDDR3 DRAM also in industrial temperature grade (40°C – 95°C).
- Introduction of our first 8Gb DDR3 DDP SDRAM component on the market at the electronica in Munich.
- Memphis grows and expands its 2Gb and 4Gb DDR2 Memory IC’s in the market.
- Memphis is ranked number one overall in the category of ‘Technical Expertise and Support’ in the ‘Distributor of the Year’ awards from Elektronik Magazine.
- Memphis opens new offices in San Jose, California, and Taipei, Taiwan.
- Memphis opens new offices in Tokyo, Japan, and Singapore.
- Memphis identifies the needs of the market, and introduces its Memphis 2Gb DDR2 IC.
- Memphis opens locations in Shanghai, PRC, and Moscow, Russia.
- Memphis opens its Boston, MA location, and increases its US Presence.
- Memphis opens its new headquarters for the Americas region in Houston, TX
- Memphis boasts over 20 manufacturers on its line card
- Memphis establishes its headquarters for the APAC region in Hong Kong.
- Memphis removes computer peripherals from its business.
- Memphis begins to concentrate solely in memory, distributing memory IC’s and continuing to manufacture memory modules.
- Memphis signs its first distribution agreement with Hitachi (now Elpida), and begins its distribution of memory IC’s.
- Other manufacturers follow.
- Development and production commence on Memphis branded memory modules for Apple and PC Compatible computers.
- Memphis is founded in Germany as a distributor of IT peripherals and memory modules.